Friday, April 16, 2004

Little Pablo

At Amy’s request, Kevin told her a bedtime story last night. He made up this story on the spot. It was about the adventures of a little boy named Pablo.

A: (this morning, as they were driving to work) Kevin, are you going to finish telling me about Pablo?
K: What was the last thing you heard before you fell asleep?
A: Um, that he lived in a fishing village in Baja?
K: WHAT?! That’s all you heard?!
A: Um, I also remember something about him being a skinny boy with brown eyes.
K: Are you SERIOUS? Do you remember anything about him being shipwrecked?
A: He was SHIPWRECKED?!! No, I don’t remember that.
K: Do you remember what I said about his dad?
A: He had a dad?
K: I can’t BELIEVE it. I thought you were wide awake the whole time.
A: Um, I guess not. (No offense, Kev, to your brilliant, fascinating, and very creative storytelling.)

I’m looking forward to hearing the rest of the story about Pablo - tonight. (Apparently the last thing Kev said about Pablo, before he realized I really was asleep, was that he was with his friends after being shipwrecked and saw something "shining" in the sand. I can’t wait to find out what it was!)

No comments: