Wednesday, April 14, 2004

My Problem

I have a problem, guys, maybe you can help me figure it out. I registered with eharmony.com just because I wanted to see what kinds of questions they ask in their survey. Now I can’t figure out how to un-register. I think this is going to be a problem.

Speaking of e-harmony, the other day Kevin was wondering if there is a service out there that brings people together for friendship purposes only. I told him that I thought it would be pretty lame if you had to use the internet to find friends. "Hi, I’m Julie. I like sunsets and quiet walks on the beaches. But no romance, please. I just want to be your platonic buddy." I mean, I understand that it’s rather difficult to find someone, standing on the street corner, who has all the qualifications you want in a spouse. So, for that reason, internet hook-up sites have their place. But finding friends? C’mon. All it takes to make friends is a little initiative and a kind smile. If you don’t have even that, then no internet site in the world can help you.

No comments: