Thursday, April 15, 2004

Try Lipstick!

Oh my word. I cannot tell you how insane it’s been on the job lately. The only reprieve I get is critiquing the fashion of the legislators on the TV screen with Karen, my boss. (Karen has a degree in fashion.) It’s fun to comment on this or that ugly outfit, someone’s new hair-do, or the fact that none of the feminists wear lipstick - and how much it would do for their faces if they did!

Today has been one of those days where my brain has been on constant overload. My fingers have been flying on the keyboard all morning. Ugh. I think I’ll stop typing now. I need a break. Maybe I’ll take the rest of my lunch to read a good book. I just got "Girl With a Pearl Earring" from the library. (I’ve made a vow that I won’t watch the movie until I’ve read the book.) So far it’s been rather interesting. But I’m only on page 19. I love a good work of fiction. I really do. It’s been a long time since I’ve read a book for "dessert" purposes only. (Is it safe to say . . . before law school?) I needed this element back in my life.
__________________________________

Oh . . . Last night we watched Grease. Kevin hadn’t seen it before. I thought he’d like it because I remember liking it so much. But I hadn’t watched it for probably 15 years. And, I think that last time I watched it, I was too young to get most of the sexual innuendo. This is Kevin’s exact quote after watching the movie: "The whole freakin’ movie is about sex! No wonder my mom never let me watch it." What can I say?

I asked him: "But don’t you think it’s cute how much he tried to be ‘good’ for Sandy and then how she decided to meet him halfway?"
Kevin: "You mean how she decided to be ‘bad’? I have serious worldview problems with this movie."

I think Grease is the type of movie you simply cannot analyze if you want to appreciate and enjoy it.

No comments: