Thursday, September 30, 2004

Amy, The Blog Nazi, Finally Succumbs

Call me a control freak, if you want to, but I’ve always liked the fact that I am the master of my own blog. The most compelling reason for me not to have comments on my blog has been the fact that I’ve seen several blogs get hijacked by total idiots who rant and rave about the most unintelligible subject matter (oh my gosh, just look what happened to poor Queen of Carrots). Because sometimes I like to talk about controversial things (and because I’ve been e-mailed by several people who’ve found my blog on a Google search, one guy wanting to argue about in-depth Mormon theology, which I would love to discuss but, frankly, hardly have time to put dinner on the table every night), I’ve hemmed and hawed at giving these freaks a forum. Recently, however, Kevin told me, “You know, Amy, you can just delete comments if you don’t like them.” (i.e., I won’t lose my precious control.) Armed with that useful bit of information, and because I’ve gotten several requests to put a comment feature on my blog, and because all of my friends are very intelligent and thoughtful people and I’m just DYING to hear what y’all are going to say to me in the months ahead, I’ve decided to take the plunge. Here goes nothing.

P.S. Do take a look at the link I posted earlier today on the man-shaped pillow. I think it’s the funniest thing ever and can’t believe people are actually taking it seriously. Wow. It’s going to be fun teasing Kevin that I can replace him, at any time, with a pillow. Ha! It’s just so much fun living in such a progressive era.

7 comments:

the Joneses said...

Amy's enabled comments! The world is a better place now!! -- SJ

Queen of Carrots said...

Go for it! It's really not that bad. The bad people went away. For now. :-P

And on the plus side, I got to "meet" several cool people who I would have otherwise had no idea were reading my blog. And hear from non-blogging friends.

##==>

Anonymous said...

Don't worry Amy. If I want to argue or debate something with you I'll just walk 5 feet, step into your office, and tell you to your face. lol ;)

Ang

Alison said...

See? Even Nazis can change? ;-)

I love your blog. Each day I enjoy reading your entertaining stories. Keep them coming! Now that you've finally got comments going. . . .what color did you paint your living room? :-P I was curious and just *had* to ask. Hehehe.

~Ali

Alison said...

Erg! Why don't they let us edit our comments? I posted and then realized my punctuation was off. :-P Oops!

Anonymous said...

Allison - The color in the living room is called "brown sugar" - it's really light tho' because the room is small and we didn't want to close it in. We painted our kitchen red (I know it's popular but it's my favorite color.) Our family room is a light coffee color with some gold tones. Fun, fun! :)

-Amy K.

Alison said...

Oooo! Very nice color choices. Red is very nice. We painted our dining room a dark red. I love it. I have yet to do the living room. It is currently an atrocious pea green and white wall paper. I'm starting to think I may want to do it in some kind of cream or light brown; the brown sugar color sounds about perfect. Isn't redecorating fun when you have a husband to do all the hard stuff? ;-P