Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Bumper Space

I remember reading an article a few months ago about having “bumper space” in your life. Basically, the article said that in order to enjoy life we need space between activities. Since I’m the queen of cramming everything in at once, I was pretty skeptical about this whole idea. But now, the more that I think about it, the more I realize it’s true. Lately it seems like we’ve been rushing around at 90 miles per hour, without taking time to pause and think, spend quality time together, or rest. This has gotta stop. The fatigue is starting to set in. I think we’ve been too ambitious with our house projects. I think we’re going to have to leave well enough alone for now. There are still a lot of things we need to do . . . but if we keep up this same pace, we won’t live to enjoy them.

My wonderful boss just gave me some extra time off work to do some grocery shopping for this weekend’s BBQ at our house (for the new OBCL alumni association). That gracious act, alone, has taken a load off my shoulders. Now the only thing to do is to find a bunch of folding chairs for everyone to sit on – or else we’re going to be one big happy family eating on the floor together. ;-)

No comments: