Monday, September 20, 2004

When Dreams Become Reality

On Saturday we met with about 25 of our old law school friends at the Hilton in Sacramento to start a new alumni association. We are very excited about the prospects of this endeavor. Kevin was elected president and eight other dedicated alumni were also selected to be on the board. Those who desire to help get this thing off the ground and promote its goals have our work cut out for us. It’s encouraging to see the interest and wholehearted commitment of so many people to make this happen.

In addition to the excitement of starting a new venture, it was fantastic to see so many old friends this weekend. Several of them flew in from out of state. We were able to host a Friday night mixer and a barbecue on Saturday at our house. It was so much fun to have people over. Although, I must confess, there were several times when I wanted to pull out my hair while getting ready for it. And, I bought way too much food. We’re going to be eating pasta salad for months! (To make matters worse, Kevin just told me he doesn’t really like pasta salad to begin with. I wish I’d known that when I planned the menu. But oh well. We’re going to have to throw another party to get rid of all this food!)

It’s amazing how tight-knit the Oak Brook students are, despite the fact that the school is primarily a distance-learning program. I think it just goes to show that when people who are likeminded meet each other and go through a rigorous time of life together, they are friends for life.

No comments: