Monday, September 20, 2004

Yet another reason to smile . . .

I’ve been smiling all day because yesterday I got out my fall clothes and today the weather permits me to wear a sweater all day long. I love sweaters because they are beautiful, comfortable, cozy, warm, and best of all they are wrinkle-free. Today Kevin told me “Don’t stay in the ‘fall mood’ because it’s supposed to heat up later this week.” All I can say is . . . I’m sure going to enjoy it while it lasts.

Yesterday we had a terrific thunder and lightning storm, including tons of hail. It all happened very suddenly. Kevin was overjoyed when the clouds rolled in. He says he’s not sure he likes the 200 days of consecutive sunshine in California every year. To put it in his own words, “They can’t expect me to be that happy so many days straight in a row.”

I had to drop Kevin off at the state university for his chorale rehearsal after church yesterday. When I went to pick him up, all the roads were blocked off because of the flooding. It was incredible to me how much rain we got so quickly. Basically, it hasn’t rained a single drop since April and then it rained dogs and cats in a period of about an hour. Craziness!

Although I love each part of the process, I love the aftermath of rain most of all. The air is so clean. The cloudy sky, with the sun poking through, is gorgeous. The grass seems greener (even if it’s not). And the street glistens with the dampness. It’s all so very enchanting.

No comments: