Thursday, October 14, 2004

Weird A.M.

For the last few hours I’ve felt as though I’ve been trapped in someone’s science fiction novel. As I drove into downtown Sacramento this morning, a neon red-colored sun suddenly popped out from behind a large tree. It was such an odd color that it caught me by surprise. The sky beyond the sun was an unusual grayish yellow color. Throughout my entire commute, in fact, the bizarre sky loomed incomprehensibly in the horizon. It definitely made for an interesting drive. Apparently a nearby forest fire is causing these strange conditions.

This morning I had to turn off my radio because of all the O’Reilly talk. It made me sick to my stomach. Honestly, I thought it was rather indecent to put on the radio. If even half of what he is accused of is true, it’s utterly disgusting. Although I used to be an O’Reilly fan, I stopped listening to the O’Reilly Factor months ago because I decided that he’s too cocky and egotistical for my liking. (This is also why I stopped listening to Rush.) But I suppose you’ve gotta have a pretty-durn-good-sized-ego to make it big in talk radio. Anyway, it’s really disappointing about O’Reilly. It just goes to show that conservatives are no better than liberals – without the Christ Factor.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sound pretty convinced that it's true... SM

Amy K said...

Well, Sarah, I don't know if you saw him on TV, but he didn't deny anything. He didn't even attempt to deny or make excuses. So . . . I can only conclude that at least some of it is true. What he said was: "I'm a big mouth, on TV and off TV." I think that is very telling. -Amy

NatronLaw said...

O’Reilly is no conservative and doesn't claim to be.