Monday, November 01, 2004

Election Rush

Last night Karen called me with the news that our county's GOP Headquarters was burglarized over the weekend and all of the computers, cell phones, and election data were stolen. Because of this, I took a comp day off work and have been volunteering all morning to help keep things under control. I've been doing a lot of phone banking. Lucky for me, I was assigned a large retirement community. The elderly folks are so pleasant to talk to. They all thank me for calling them to remind them to vote. So . . . my job's been pretty easy so far. Tomorrow I'm sure I'll be doing much more of the same. So, don't expect Amy on the blogsphere until after the elections. Until then, pray with me that GWB wins by a landslide. He'll probably win (that's the optimism in me) but I hope he wins so completely that all the lawyers out there, ready to fight, will just shrug their shoulders and go home.

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

Way to go, Amy! On behalf of a registered California Republican, thanks for your hard work!