Wednesday, November 03, 2004

One more thing . . .

. . . about the election. Yesterday both Kevin and I got our first vote, each, for U.S. Congress. Because of some things I’ve heard about our Congressman lately I absolutely refuse to ever vote for him. Even though he’s supposedly a “good Republican,” he’s used his powerful position to bully the central committee into endorsing an evil, anti-family candidate who ran for school board in our area. Incidentally, the “evil candidate” also donates a lot of money to this Congressman’s campaigns. Interesting, eh? (Rich people rule the world. They truly do.)

It makes me so mad that, just because someone’s a Congressman, they think they can go around and make people do whatever they say. I think that’s a shameful abuse of power and I have no respect for people like that.

Because of my passionate refusal to ever vote for this Congressman, I convinced Kevin to do the same. While I was filling out my ballot yesterday, I decided to write-in Kevin’s name for Congress instead. Later I found out that he did the same for me. It was kinda cool getting my first vote for Congress. But, trust me, I don’t have any aspirations to run for this office in the future. (I like being able to blog about whatever is on my mind without having to worry about saying nice and politically correct things all the time. Ahhh . . . the Freedom!) I think Kevin would make a good Congressman, though. Duh. Obviously . . . ‘cuz I voted for him yesterday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I actually voted for myself for governor of Connecticut one year. In Connecticut the governor and lt governor are on the same ticket so I wrote in Will Sarris' name below mine. I was later told by some that my vote for that category was invalidated since I wasn't a legal candidate since I never filed, etc. Some at least implied, if not said outright, that I shouldn't have done that because it made a mockery of the system or was a wasted vote or whatever. In at least one state (somewhere in the southwest, I believe) there is a spot for "None of the Above". Some have wished that for other elections so that they can express their dislike of all candidate choices but also still vote and let their voice be heard. Personally, not sure what I think about this.

- Dan