Friday, May 12, 2006

'Cuz we needed more bugs on our windshield ...

If you can believe it, yesterday we were crazy enough to get in the car AGAIN, this time heading to South Carolina.

At the end of my life, when I look back on the year 2006, it will probably be one big hazy memory of never-ending roadways. [Kevin told me that by the end of the month, when we expect to take another long road trip, we will have driven more than 6,000 miles within a six-week period.]

Right now I’m typing this blog post from a hotel in Greenville, the Bob Jones mecca. One of Kevin’s boyhood friends is getting married tomorrow – in the chapel at the University – and Kevin is a groomsman.

It’s been a while since I’ve been to The South – I don’t think Northern Virginia counts as “The South.” All day long, as we’ve toured the city, thick southern accents have been vibrating in my ear.

I kinda like southern accents. Accents are cool – except for some, which are annoying.

Greenville is an impressive town, I think. We really enjoyed the downtown area and Falls Park is a rather relaxing place to kill an afternoon.

When will my life begin to settle down? When will things be “normal” again? I’m thinking it’s going to be a while yet.

“Normal” is boring until, suddenly, nothing is normal. Then, normal is a lot more appealing.

5 comments:

Joshua and Carrie Briggs said...

Wow! You do travel a lot! By the way, that is Joshua's college. Enjoy the ceremony. I have heard that certain common practices at wedding ceremonies are not allowed at the university chapel. Congratulations on your house sale!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Big Deal.

Janice Phillips said...

Ya'll sound like you're having a ball.

Anonymous said...

Yee ha ya'll!!!!

Anonymous said...

More bugs are a big deal.