Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Now I know why ...

Now I know why a Hoosier’s best friend is weather.com. In California, all you have to do is glance out the window and you know approximately how cold it is by the clouds and the color of the sky. If it's raining, it's cold, for instance.

In Indiana, these rules do not apply.

Today I looked out the window and it “looked cold” to me. But, when I went outside it was warm. How is one supposed to know how to dress unless they’re either willing to risk it or go to weather.com?

Oh, and get this, the other day we looked out the kitchen window and it was sunny. Then, we looked out a window on the other side of the house and it was pouring rain. It was raining on one side of the house and sunny on the other. I’ve never seen such a thing in all my life.

Craziness.

11 comments:

Janice Phillips said...

Reminds me of Virginia, aka the land in which I always carried an umbrella in my car "just in case."

the Joneses said...

My childhood friend told me that if it rained on one side of the house and the sun shone on the other, it meant the devil was beating his wife. I always wondered who the devil had married.

-- SJ

Jen said...

welcome to the craziest weather state ever! Was that weird day last Thursday where it seriously was raining and even hailing one minute, then sunny the next and went back forth like six times that day?

It always keeps you guessing...

Anonymous said...

Yes... we had a drop of 30 degrees in 15 minutes and a random hail storm last Thursday. We had to sit in the halls (away from any glass) with our students for almost 45 minutes. Good times!
~Emily

Anonymous said...

Just like a public school, wasting time sitting in the hallway instead of learning!!!!! Homeschool forever!

the Joneses said...

You know, Amy, there's this really neat invention called an "outdoor thermometer" that hangs by your window and lets you know what the temperature is...you might look into getting one :)

--DJ

Anonymous said...

I dig the sarcasm. Good job DJ.

Amy K said...

DJ - That's SO old-fashioned. Why would I want to do that? :)

Anonymous said...

Home school seems sort of old fashioned too...

Anonymous said...

See, that is problem with California. You never get to experience what it is like in the rest of the world... everything is so perfect... sun all the time... warm, no winter, no damp rainy days when you are having a picnic...

Wait, that sounds like paradise...:D

Anonymous said...

Nard!