Friday, May 05, 2006

We have a contract!

Within seconds of returning our moving truck to the Penske rental company, our realtor called us to tell us that we had an offer on our house. We submitted a counter-offer, with some slight modifications, and that was accepted last night. So, now we have a contract for sale. Escrow opened today. And, the buyers want to move into the house in eight days and close escrow three days later! (This is the fastest escrow I’ve ever heard of.) As you can imagine, this is a big relief to us.

As we crossed the country, heading toward our new home, I wondered if leaving our house before it sold was a stupid thing or a step of faith. Even though a lot of people would think that type of a risk is really dumb, I always had a peace about it.

It’s funny because my typical attitude toward life these last few years has been a calm one. And that hasn’t always been my nature. I think it’s because I’ve consistently seen God be faithful to me throughout my whole life – even when things look bleak, He always takes care of us.

This doesn’t mean I don’t get anxious about things (or that there won’t be times of hardship) … but generally speaking I’ve come to worry a lot less about circumstances in my life. I’ve come to realize, more and more, that God controls all human events and works everything out for our ultimate good.

I hope all my life I can say, along with Job, “Though He slay me, yet will I trust in Him.”

8 comments:

Stephen, Sarah, Nora, Joseph and Isaiah said...

How encouraging to hear another testimony of God's faithfulness to His people. We're so happy for you!

CABeachBlonde said...

Yaaaaeeee!!!!!!!!

. . . And that's the lesson I've been learning, altho I've got a ways to go. :) I praise God that you are doing so well with it. :)

Alaina said...

Yay! We are so happy for you! Isn't God amazing?

Jen said...

Welcome to Indianapolis! So glad you all made it safe and sound and I LOVED being able to follow your travels back here. Great idea!

YAY...about your house. I am also learning about trusting and in the midst of a HUGE step of faith myself, so I TOTALLY understand what you are feeling. But God is trustworthy and He is FAITHFUL!

Carrie said...

CONGRATS! Wonderful news! And what timing!

Anonymous said...

Awesome. God is good!! Looking forward to visiting with you both and Meredith this evening! Welcome home! Love, Aunt K

Anonymous said...

Big Deal.

Queen of Carrots said...

Congratulations! And welcome to the midwest. We'll have to find a way to get together sometime.