Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The end of the day ...

It’s the end of a long day and to unwind before bed I thought I’d read some blogs I don’t normally frequent.

The first blog link was sent to me by Kevin’s aunt, who personally knows the authors of the blog, and it really encouraged my faith. As parents we all go through emotional roller coasters and journeys. I truly admire the faith and perseverance of these two particular parents, expecting quadruplets any day now.

The second blog link was sent to me by Kevin, who found it on a friend’s site, and made me laugh my head off for at least five minutes.

It also confirmed my decision to wait until Meredith is at least five years old before I start potty training. (Okay, I’m exaggerating slightly.) But, seriously, I’d much rather change diapers than have potty training become a battle and drag on forever and ever. I’ve heard many tales from mothers about this happening. Well, it’s not happening to me!

In other news, Meredith is trying to give up her afternoon nap. I don’t know how on earth I’m going to be able to accomplish everything in my typical day if she starts doing that. I understand the idea of “quiet time even if you don’t sleep.” It’s just hard to explain that to a wide-awake 18-month old who loves to sing and talk, mixed with crying, at the top of her lungs in her crib.

In really cute news, Meredith now sings nearly every animal and animal sound in Old McDonald Had a Farm. Her favorite part is E-I-E-I-O, of course. I love to hear her sing, especially in the car. And especially NOT when she’s supposed to be sleeping. (But even then, I confess, it makes me smile.)

4 comments:

swan said...

I thought I'd read a few blogs I don't frequent, too... Like... YOURS! I'm glad you posted on mine so I could find yours. Looking forward to keeping up.

K

Anne said...

i totally agree about the potty-training... why push it?

Micah said...

That second link was my cousin :) Pretty funny... I hadn't even seen it yet! Wow! That is the most disgusting thing I've seen in a long time. We are definately not ready for that step yet. I would love to hear Meredith sing EIEIO... I can only imagine how sweet that is :)!

K- You always did have a way with words... AND you always did know just how to ruffle my feathers. I will pardon you this once.
=)

Jen said...

Wow....the second one was FUNny. :)