Monday, November 26, 2007

60 Years

This weekend my grandparents celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary. Because of Kevin’s looming finals we were unable to attend but my thoughts were with the family as they commemorated this special event.

I am deeply honored to have grandparents who have loved each other and kept their marriage commitment for six decades. In an age of hook-ups, infidelity, and rampant no-fault divorce, their 60th anniversary takes on even more significance.

My grandparents have been an excellent example to me of constant love. I’m and thankful beyond words for this heritage.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful!

Alaina said...

We are celebrating my grandparents 65th in a couple of weeks and these are my sentiments exactly! What a blessing to have such examples in our lives!